Strategic Operational Plan 2017 ‐ 2020
Purpose of this document
To lay out strategies by the new administration, with the participation of all Diaspora Igbo, to revamp World Igbo Congress in order to enhance the robustness intended ab initio to reposition it for the onerous task ahead for the Igbo Nation.
- To reinstate the operational model of faithful adherence to the rules laid down at inception in order to restore the discipline needed for a viable and stronger WIC that will stand the test of time in this troubled era of the Igbo
- To establish an interfacing platform for all Diaspora Igbo Organizations to engender oneness of purpose, trust and unified response to emergencies
- To ensure that Diaspora Igbo under the aegis of World Igbo Congress is equipped psychologically and materially to undertake responsibilities that will ensure stability for the Igbo nation of the
- To have a robust World Igbo Congress that will respond energetically, rapidly, internationally and unapologetically to the needs of the Igbo as a people.
Strategies for achieving the goals
Goal #1 (To reinstate the operational model of faithful adherence to the rules laid down at inception …)
WIC was established in 1994 under Texas Law. Its founding fathers developed a set of rules captured in the constitution and bylaws. There appears to have been a significant deviation from these rules with the concomitant erosion of trust and synergy. This administration will address this through:
- Holding its officers, board members and affiliates accountable for their responsibilities to WIC and conduct in the discharge of their Each of these categories must have, from the onset, their guidelines and their performance will be reviewed annually
- Ensuring that there is the recognition of a cascade of responsibilities between affiliates and the Board through regular
- Empanel board members who understand and are willing to perform the duties of board Also, we encourage every board member to serve in, at least, one board committee.
- Commence a constitutional review to ensure that the current circumstances, which are certainly different than those in 1994 are fully
- Defining admission and readmission modalities to ensure seamless participation of all Diaspora Igbo, who therefore, must own WIC as its apex Diaspora Igbo Organization
- Expand the financial department and the Finance Committee to include CPAs, Auditors and people who are fundraising savvy to ensure funds availability, transparency through regular accounting and auditing practices
Goal #2: (To establish an interfacing platform for all Diaspora Igbo Organizations …)
As alluded to in the rationale of Goal #1 item 3, Diaspora Igbo organizations have devolved to town Unions, States Associations and sundry organizations. While “the more the merrier” epithet is still somewhat valid, the situation has led to a cacophonous approach to serious Igbo matters. There is the burning need to unify our response on the platform of World Igbo Congress
- Open up dialogue with other Igbo organizations
- Set up a committee to handle matters of synergy among Diaspora Igbo Goal #3: (To ensure that Diaspora Igbo under the aegis of World Igbo Congress is equipped …)
There can be no oneness of purpose or appropriate response unless all Igbo in the Diaspora buy‐in on enabling this apex organization to respond to any situation. Consequently, WIC calls on all Diaspora Igbo to:
- Embrace the saying that Actions speak louder than words! Support WIC today.
- Be a part of the breakthrough and make WIC and Ala Igbo of your dreams come true.
- Be part of the change you want to see in WIC and Ala Igbo.
- Breathing life into the future of Igbo land.
To assist WIC achieve this, WIC has set up the following:
- A zonal structure that will lend itself to a massive and grassroots entry into all localities where the Igbo live. The zones are; (Volunteers needed as zonal coordinators).
- the West Coast, of the Americas
- Mountain Zone, of the Americas
- Central Zone of the Americas
- East Coast of the Americas,
- Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim,
- Africa and the Middle East.
- That all Diaspora Igbo adult make a one‐time contribution of $100.00. All affiliates, board members will have incentivized strategies for achieving this
- Pursue an aggressive incentivized fundraising drive to cover all areas with the active participation of all affiliates and appointed coordinators
Goal #4: (To have a robust World Igbo Congress that will respond …)
- Set up an aggressive unit to be called the Ikemba Strategic Council (ISC) as an arrowhead group to ensure good coverage and the implementation of the vision of this administration for stability and progress
- Set up an aggressive Legal Affairs committee to aggressively and in a timely manner, deal with issues regarding the future of Igbo land in the international
- Set up a diplomatic committee that will ensure that the plight of the Igbo is before the eyes of the
- Pursue the development of the Regional Medical Center of Excellence and any other strategic project that will prepare Igbo land economically, socially and educationally for the future
- Continue to exploit possibilities and opportunities with the framework of WIC’s special consultative status with the UN‐Economic and Social Council UN (ECOSOC)
- Hold the mother of all conventions in Nashville in order to articulate a model for the future Igbo Epilogue
It was never imagined that the perfectly conceptualized life of WIC could be destroyed in the blink of an eye. A mistrust and betrayal so deep that all Igbo hearts were nearly broken. But fate has a way of preserving Igbo path and putting us on the road to a new beginning…. Let’s go, people! This is your chance!